-: HISTORY OF RABRI:-
Rabri is a sweet, condensed milk-based dish that’s made by boiling milk.when you make this that point your gas flame has got to be low heat for an extended time until becomes thick and the color is off-white or pale to feature flavor and nuts. it’s served cold and as a dessert.
we believe the Rabri tradition is historically related to northern India, but it had been originally invented during the Indian dynasty when milk or Malay based sweets were regularly made within the royal kitchen.
It served in other Indian programs like Malpua, Gulab Jamun, Jalebi, Shahi Tukda, Ross Malay. Although Rabri is an invention of North Indian sweets and one of the most popular sweets in our country. However, it is also popular in other parts of India, such as Benares, Patna, and West Bengal.
-: INGREDIENTS OF RABRI:-
- Milk-1 LIT
- Cardamon Powder-1 tbsp
- Sugar-4/5 tbsp
- Almond(chopped)-5 no
-: METHOD OF RABRI:-
- Take a thick and deep bottom pan with 1 lit of full-fat milk, place it on medium flame. Bring it to boil.
- When the milk froth started to rise up, a thick layer of cream or malai will be clearly visible on its surface.
- Immediately slow down the heat to its minimum. Then the froth with cream or malai will move towards one side of the pan.
we have to use a spatula gently take the cream to all the sidewalls of the pan and start to stick the layer of malai on the inner wall of it.
- Apart from the first thick layer of cream, we need to collect the thin layers of the cream rather than thick cream layers or Lachha.
- Collect that cream layer and stick it to the wall of the pan as before.
Keep collecting the layers this same way and sticking it to the inner wall of the pan.
- When the milk will reach to 300-350 ml or 1/3 portion of its original quantity, then stop making the layers.
- Add 4-5 tbsp of sugar to the pan and mix it nicely with the milk and stir the milk continuously for quickly melting down the sugar. Add cardamom powder for nice flavor. now the pan removes from the gas oven and keeps aside for cool down and mix it nicely.
Serve this chilled homemade Rabri by garnishing this sweet dish with some chopped almonds on top.