HISTORY OF MALABAR CHICKEN:-
MALABAR CHICKEN may be a region in Kerala and is dominated by the Muslim population. This Chicken Curry may be a Kerala style chicken curry that’s cooked in coconut oil and features a very distinct taste from the utilization of curry leaves, spices, coconut paste, and coconut oil. it’s spicy, creamy, and filled with flavors of coconut. You can dip and for your lunch and dinner with some roti, appam, or even slices of bread.
INGREDIENTS OF MALABAR CHICKEN
- Chicken -500 gm
- Sliced onion-200 gm
- Tomato medium-sized- 3 no
- Curry Leaves -3 sprig
- Coconut Oil 3- tbsp
- Fennel Seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Crushed -2 tsp
- Fresh Grated Coconut -3/4 cups
- Lemon Juice -1 tsp
- Chili Powder -2 tsp
- Salt- 2 tsp
- Pepper Powder 1- tsp
- Sugar-2 tsp
- Garam Masala 1- tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder- 2 tsp
-: DIRECTIONS OF MALABAR CHICKEN:-
- First, we have to take a small bawl.
- Then you put Dry roast coriander powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, and Pepper powder.
- Next Clean chicken pieces well and marinate it with this dry roasted masalas, lemon juice, and required salt for almost 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan and add 1 tablespoon of oil and whole red chili and few curry leaves.
- Add freshly grated coconut and fry till nice and golden brown in color. keep this aside and grind it into a smooth paste when it cools down.
- Take a small pan. Add two tbsp of coconut oil. add fennel seeds and sliced onion. Add few more curry leaves and saute this till onion becomes golden brown in color
- Now add green chilies and crushed ginger and garlic.saute this well cooked till the raw smell goes.
- So add sliced tomatoes and saute it well till tomatoes are mushy. Then add the marinated chicken and little water. Now we keep aside cook till chicken is half done.
- At last, add coconut paste and garam masala and add enough water. Add sugar, salt if needed.
Boil that chicken is done and oil separates.
Now your MALABAR CHICKEN CURRY is ready .you can have it with rice or Rotis.